Our Director Dr Sam Bonderov is a caring and loving husband to Mary Bonderov of forty-four blessed years, father of six and grandfather to eight beautiful grandchildren. He has served for over thirty five years as a Chaplin for the California Department of Corrections and California State Hospitals. He has given guidance and training to inmates and patients for their personal improvement and subsequent return back into society to become productive law abiding citizens in their various communities.
He is a nine year member and current president of the Whittier Host Lions Club, the second largest Lions club in California. This is where he assists in various non-profit fairs and events to give back to the community.
Sam attended college at the Adelaide University in South Australia where he received his BA. He returned to California and attended Promise Christian University where he received his Doctorate in Theology.
Credentials, certifications, and awards listed below:
- Anger Management Facilitator –CAAMF-1
- Professional Visitation Provider Monitor- Judicial Council of CA
- Domestic Violence Advocate –(DVA)-CCBI
- Batterers Intervention Facilitator --(BIF)–CCBI
- Positive Parenting – Judicial Council of CA
- Member National Anger Management Association NAMA
- Masters Religious Studies-(MA)- Promise Christian University
- Protestant Chaplain - State of California
- Ordained Reverend - Assemblies of God International
- Member of American Counseling Association- ACA
- Associate Certified Entomologist- ACE
- City of Whittier Volunteer of the Year 2019